Wednesday, April 1, 2015

BUZZOV•EN - UNWILLING TO EXPLAIN (1994)




















Still taking a shaky, uneasy, dark, crusty, and sludgy ride back down the noise hole from the other day.  This EP fits right next to the old Neurosis for me. And I was always a sucker for heavy music with movie samples. (C'mon, De Niro and that scene from Cape Fear...amazing!!)

Buzzov-en of course got heavier and more cleanly produced later, which is fine. I liked their newer stuff too. And most of these songs got the re-do treatment. But for me these early recordings have a dirty, power-packed crunch that give the ultimate head-fuck-spin, missing in the new recordings.
4 songs here. I realize the the CD version has the 'Wound' 7" included, but this is the copy I have. So sorry to the 'complete-ists' out there...
 ...you thought you were gonna get away from 'ol Satan did ya?
(Allied Recordings - 1994)

DL: UNWILLING TO EXPLAIN

No comments: