Friday, November 29, 2013

QUITTINIRPAAQ - LET'S HANG OUT (2013)


















This is the perfect example of band names that I hated trying to pronounce when I did my old podcast. (Now I just have to make sure I spell it correctly.)
First thoughts...the cover of this album reminds me of a Gwar character, but I assure you my friends, this sounds nothing like Gwar. No messin' around, this shit is pretty intense. Overblown-out, hyper-distorted, heavy as molasses dirge rock riffs for the most part from these dudes from Austin, Texas. There are a few industrial sounding moments in there, and even some trippy, looping sound-scapes, with feed-backing guitars dodging in and out between fizzing and popping electronics. For fans of Shit and Shine, Butthole Surfers, Merzbow, Boredoms, and a less chaotic Lightning Bolt.
(Rural Isolation Project 2013)

LISTEN/PURCHASE: LETS HANG OUT

No comments: