Monday, July 28, 2014

YANKED!!

Well you may or may not have noticed, but a few posts ago I posted the first Feedtime record. Well, the post and link were both pulled down because of copyright infringement, saying I violated the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act.)

That's fine. Whatever. I do this blog purely to promote bands I like and want to expose them to others. I state quite clearly that if anyone wishes a link removed for whatever reason, that I would happily do so, and I have. Also, I don't make any money off of this site. If anything, I spend more money, purchasing music from the bands to share on this site.

So the link being pulled down doesn't bother me, but the way it was done pisses me off. A simple email or request would've been a polite way to go about it, not to mention at least the post would still be there for people to find. (Unless they really don't want anyone to see or find them at all). And now I have to write this post, telling you, the fine, awesome people who visit this blog, about this mess.

So, I was gonna post more Feedtime, but I guess I wont now. I guess you good people should grab the other Feedtime now, before it gets yanked as well.

The good thing about all this is...hey my blog is popular and visited enough for people to notice. Woo hoo!

Thanks friends. The music will continue.

4 comments:

man-shaped hole said...

Fuck 'em. I'm 25, and as a child of the 90's I grew up with napster-era music piracy. I also live in the boondoggles of the Canadian west, and nobody ever comes up here to tour. The only reason I'm exposed to tasty new jamz is through blogs like these. As such, 99% of the t-shirts I own have band logos emblazoned on them and my vinyl collection is closing in on the 200 mark.

I appreciate what you do, and I know many bands and labels do too. Always super bummed when a solid music blogger bows out of the scene.

eraser said...

wellcome to de DMCA takedowns world, nobody personally sends emails on your behalf, it is an automated process

labels sing up the dmca service, bots track internet and google send you the takedown notification

nobody write nobody read

twinz2z said...

Vibe ON.
Vibe UP.

staticfraction said...

Cool, yeah I remember a couple years ago when all the megaupload/mediafire shit went down.
So I know shit can be yanked at any point. And I wasn't familiar with DMCA, so that pissed me off when I got emails and notifications about this.

Plus it was Feedtime....not a huge band like Metallica or something.

Ah well, no biggie. Glad to get some support.

Yes the blog will definitely continue. And maybe I will throw those Feedtime links up. See how long they last. As long as its automated, and I'm not pissing off any humans/bands.