Wednesday, February 26, 2014

RICAINE - THE CLARITY OF DISTANCE (1997)













This is pretty solid Chicago 90's rock inspired noise from Australia. Now defunct, these guys once said, 'Hey we really like Shellac. Let's see how close we can sound to them.' They picked up the Shellac for Dummies book, and pulled it off. Complete with Steve Albini in his best Aussie accent. (Heh heh.) They have some Slint moments at times as well. Lots of off-kilter time changes, buzzsaw guitars, flailing noise and feedback and vocals that range from talking to screaming. You love this stuff. That's why you come here.
(Rubbber Records - 1997)

DL: THE CLARITY OF DISTANCE

5 comments:

twinz2z said...

The only guy still playing is with this bunch,
http://oscl.bandcamp.com/album/new-veteran

staticfraction said...

Cool thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

IHateThe90s said...

Very similar to Shellac, but good nevertheless.
By the way, Static, if you have Dropbox or want to sign up, I can add you to my shared folder and you can download my shows if you want to listen to them later.

staticfraction said...

I do have a dropbox account. Can you add me? I can email you too if thats easier?
Thanks

JB said...

Awesome! This made my night. Actually, my month! Been looking for this one for a while. Thanks for sharing. Also check out their "regret" and "intore" releases.