Tuesday, May 12, 2015

TIGON - INFINITE TEETH (2012)



















So I was sent a link to this album, and the name sounded familiar.
Turns out I had a single from these guys from back in 2009, and they sounded like Botch.
That 7" that is on their Bandcamp page and is great...check that out!
This newer full length is good too, although not as Botch-y. There is some post-hardcore moments, but they mix in some Slint sounds, some Unwound sounds and even some Isis/Dillinger Escape type ripping and tearing.
The vocals are close to screamo, but not annoying like I find with alot of screamo bands.
Just my opinion...man. Overall...worth your close to 40 min of time.
(The Ghost Is Clear Records - 2012)

DL: INFINITE TEETH
BANDCAMP

3 comments:

man-shaped hole said...

I miss that glut of Botch-y noise rock/hardcore bands that flooded the scene several years ago. I really liked their split, "Can't Have Nothin' Nice" that they did with Canyons and Foreign Theatres.

staticfraction said...

I agree. miss those bands too.
Hadn't heard that split, til I started digging around on their bandcamp page.
Thats the thing with bandcamp...I can pick a good album to talk about here on the blog, but you really can potentially discover 8 other releases too.

Dimy said...

Very good one!