Friday, May 15, 2015

WRECK - SONG X EP (1989)




















Here's a cool little EP for ya.

A Chicago band called Wreck who was around in the early 90s and featured members of Waco Brothers and Die Kreuzen.
This is their first ep, 4 songs on a label that paralleled with Wax Trax Records, releasing mostly industrial music at the time. This could have easily been on Touch and Go back and really not sure why it wasn't.
This was ridiculized by knob-twister Steve Albini, and sounds like an early Shellac/ Big Black/ New Brutalism type thing. So you know you want it. Go on. Partake in the goodness.
(Play It Again Sam - 1989)

DL: SONG X

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you happen to have Noxagt's self titled? If so, could you post it?

skatkat said...

I'm really diggin this EP. Do you have anything else by these fine fellows?

jonder said...

Wreck made two albums (one of which was produced by Jon Langford, which led to the Waco Bros connection). Some or all of the members started out in Milwaukee and moved to Chicago. I saw "El Mundo de Los Ninos" in a cutout bin last week, and I will go back and pick it up if Staticfraction doesn't have it. I wish I had the Wreck singles with their covers of "You're Gonna Change" and "Funk 49". They also covered a song by the Fall.

staticfraction said...

I have Soul Train and House of Boris which are both fantastic and I will post!

staticfraction said...

Yes I have Noxagt too. Will get to that! as well