Monday, June 8, 2015

KEN MODE - SUCCESS (2015)




















Winnipeg Canada's KEN mode is back with a new record. Taking a different approach from the previous releases. Both the album art and actual musical recorded.
They've brightened their artwork (if you have all your records aligned in iTunes. Am I the only one who still does this?)
But more importantly, have seemed to move towards a more commercial and easier to digest for the masses sound. Its still heavy, noisy, sludgy...its just...different.

For me, their 4th record, 'Venerable' was their best...such a fuckin' killer, blueprint, and high point record, and being one of my favorite records from 2011... this record seems lacking a bit. I know bands need to try new sounds and things, but I feel this falls a little short of the mark. It's still a good record, and with multiple listens, it may grow on these ears....but doesn't knock my face to the dirt like 'Venerable' does.
(Season of Mist - 2015)

DL: SUCCESS
BANDCAMP