Tuesday, June 2, 2015

TODAY IS THE DAY - WILLPOWER (1994)




















So I'll admit, I'm not super into the newer Today Is The Day stuff.
I know alot of you will probably disagree. And that's ok.
We're all allowed to our own tastes and opinions....So leave yours to your damn self. (Haha..just kidding).

But this early stuff is fucking incredibly insane. Harsh, noisy, brutal.
Steve Austin and Co. were the shit.
This schtuff is definitely filed under the 'Essential' card. Duh.

Anyone see that new Amrep documentary? The story about Steve Austin getting his eyes cooked...fuckin crazy.
(Amphetamine Reptile - 1994)

DL: EXECUTION STYLE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you see the AmRep doc!? I'm apparently in it (Mark Prindle, bald guy online record reviewer), but still haven't seen it.

The real reason I'm writing though is to recommend you try out "Pain is a Warning" if you haven't already. I'm not a huge fan of newer Today is the Day stuff either, but that album sounds like his classic era. It's really good.

staticfraction said...

Saw the 'doc' here (in Chicago) when they were on the tour.
Was awesome!
Done really well.

I tried to get into the newer stuff, but...eh. But I'll give 'Pain is a Warning' another 'first try'. I really want to like it.
Thanks!