Friday, December 6, 2013

YOUNG WIDOWS - OLD WOUNDS (2008)














Easily the best record of 2008, and probably one of the best noise rock records since the 90s. These lads from Louisville made a record that is so good its like jet skiing through ice cream in a furry pajamas til you get an full-body brain freeze. No? Just me?...So anyway, I'm not sure what happened, but in 2011 they released a record that was pretty awful. Talk about going from first to last. So, the rumor 'round town is they're back in the studio recording and all of my fingers and toes are crossed that they basically do an Old Wounds #2. Until then, listen to this. (Temporary Residence Limited 2008)

DL: OLD WOUNDS

4 comments:

IHateThe90s said...

I totally agree with you. The first time I saw them play on YouTube, it blew me away. And you're right about the second record. It blows.

staticfraction said...

@ '90s' Yeah I'm ok with bands trying new things...but they have to get back to the 'Old Wounds' or 'Settle Down City' style.

MDG3D said...

Could not agree more.

MDG3D said...

New Track
https://soundcloud.com/temporary-residence-ltd-1/young-widows-kerosene-girl