Wednesday, March 12, 2014

LA VERKIN - JUDGE THE JUDGER (2013)














So I'll be the first to say that this isn't one the more exciting album covers I have seen. Makes me want to wear an ivy league blazer with a crest. That being said, the music more than makes up for it. Good noisy hullabaloo from this rock trio outta Salt Lake City, that gets yer head noddin' and bobbin'. If Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, Jesus Lizard, Shellac, and Young Widows were all sitting in a dingy basement at a glue sniffing party, I'd say that would be pretty accurate.
(Self-released - 2013)


DL: JUDGE THE JUDGER

2 comments:

IHateThe90s said...

One of THE best releases I've heard in a long time. On my first radio show in January this year, I played La Verkin. This blew me away the first time I heard it.

staticfraction said...

Yeah totally agree. Really good newish record!