Wednesday, April 2, 2014

FAKE LIMBS - THE POWER OF PATRICIAN UPBRINGING (2013)














Fake Limbs are not a noise rock quartet from Chicago. They definitely do not drink from the Chicago fountain of rock, and for sure they don't have any parts that sound similar to Jesus Lizard, Tar, Pissed Jeans or Rye Coalition. They almost never blast thru hefty 70s rock riffs mixed with mathy time changes, screeching feedback, whumping bass, bombastic drums, and ungracious spastic and perverse vocal spitting. I did not find this album on repeat for days after the first listen, and why would I even think of highly recommending this to you.

BTW, this was written while engulfed in flames inside my fur covered bath tub while licking my fourth left eye.
(BLVD Records - 2013)

BANDCAMP
DL: POWER OF PAT UPBRINGING

2 comments:

MDG3D said...

Wow, never heard this one. This is great, thanks.

staticfraction said...

Cool! Glad you dig it. I'm gonna post their previous record here too