Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SPERM DONOR - ACCIDENTAL INCEST (2013)















So I gotta admit... I heard the name and was instantly curious. Band, album title and all. This roarin' rekid by some fine fellas outta New Haven, Connecticut is kind of all over the place throughout the duration actually. But in a good way and totally works.

It starts off with a couple of off-kilter Touch & Go/Amrep influenced noise-rockers similar to Vaz, Shellac or Young Widows. In the middle it slows to a crawl with some trudging, doomy sludge. And the last third bursts into hyper-speed with some faster punk jams that give nod to Black Flag and Nomeansno. The whole thing wraps with a slow, 5 minute beast that the Melvins would appreciate.

I was doing some other things during the listen of this album, and a few times had to stop to make sure I was listening to the same record. But after I was assured that I was, I was quite satisfied.
(Self Released - 2013)

DL: ACCIDENTAL INCEST

1 comment:

MDG3D said...

Well I'm intrigued.