Wednesday, December 31, 2014

BEST OF 2014






















I hate doing these things usually. There's way too much music out there to narrow down.
But I thought, fuck it, I'll throw the first few things off the top of my head into a list.
So, in no particular order, here's my lucky top 13:

Full Lengths:
 1) Godflesh - A World Lit By Fire (Avalanche) (funny, cuz I never posted this)
 2) hepa-Titus - Gettin' It On (Amrep)
 3) The Austerity Program - Beyond Calculation (Controlled Burn)
 4) Hands Up Who Wants to Die - Vega in the Lyre (Learning Curve)
 5) Cutthroats 9 - Dissent (Lamb Unlimited)
 6) Multicult - Variable Impulse (Sleeping Giant Glossolalia)
 7) Animal Lover - Guilt (Learning Curve)
 8) Beige Eagle Boys - You're Gonna Get Yours (Reptilian)
 9) Ultracoit - Sex Church (Rejuvination)
10) Hammerhead - Global Depression (Learning Curve)
11) Shellac - Dude Incredible (Touch and Go)
12) Moutheater - Passing Key (Anthems of the Undesireable)
13) Thin Privilege - Thin Privilege (Struggletown)

And some singles:
- Dope Guns and Fucking Vol 13 (Amrep)
- No Anchor with Haze XXL (Amrep)
- Volunteer - Goner (Triple Eye Industries)
- Madeincanada/Ex Wives Split (Cheap Satanism/Whosbrain)
- Buildings - It Doesn't Matter (Riot House)
- powertakeOff! - Unhinged (Self-released)
- Faking - Vices (Reptilian)
- Grizzlor - When You Die (Money Fire)

2 comments:

MDG3D said...

Great list. A few others of note though not specifically noise rock only:
Young Widows - Easy Pain
Today Is The Day -Animal Mother
The Body- I Shall Die Here
Hive Bent- Dyatlov
Terra Tenebrosa - V.I.T.R.I.O.L. Purging The Tunnels

staticfraction said...

nice. yeah like i said, this was off top of my head.
my list probably coulda been 50+. haha.

these are all good as well for sure.