Saturday, December 13, 2014

HEROD - THEY WERE NONE (2014)




















For a band to come from a country that is neutral on war and conflict, these guys sure are angry and make a power-violent ruckus... I'm into it. And they're making me crave some hot chocolate too.

Swiss masters of post-hardcore/metallic/sludge//noise (or whatever other names you want to throw in the pot), Herod, drop a devastatingly brutal and heavy debut album on this weak world. This thing is like a wrecking ball to the head and sternum. A crusher beast destroyer that recalls riffs found in a Neurosis, Cult of Luna, Brutal Truth or Burnt by the Sun record, while at times getting a little math-metal-y, reminding me of Meshuggah.

Probably a little more on the metal and super produced side of the spectrum for what you normally find here at the staticfraction blog-o-rino. But fuck it! Its good shit. Music to vacuum and clean your house really fast too.
Turn it up!!
(Mighty Music - 2014)

HEROD BANDCAMP

2 comments:

nocnypacjent said...

hello, do you have Special People "Plant " or "David Carradine Style" ?

staticfraction said...

I assume you saw this post.
http://staticfraction.blogspot.com/search/label/SPECIAL%20PEOPLE

They are bandcamp links. I didn't have downloads for them. But if I can wrangle them up, I'll update that post with DL links. Thanks!