Monday, February 9, 2015

16 - ZOLOFT SMILE (2003)




















If my puny, and weak memory serves me just a little, it seems there was a request for this a while back.
Better late than never eh?
So 16 is a sludge rock band from LA, that has turned to more on the metal sludge side. They've even been picked up by Relapse. Good spot to be.
Honestly I haven't heard much of the newer stuff, but I like a bunch of their older stuff. I thought their first album, Curves that Kick was pretty badass, as well as a few other albums and singles. Zoloft Smile might be the last 16 album I heard actually, although now I'm curious to check out some of the newer stuff.
Enjoy the sludge-o-matic pummeling sounds of 16!
(At A Loss Recordings - 2003)

DL: ZOLOFT SMILE

2 comments:

ihatethroat said...

Definitely check out "Bridges to Burn", the best moments are up there with the classic stuff! The latest album "Deep Cuts from Dark Clouds" was a bit of a let down for me, but -(16)- remains one of the most important bands for me nonetheless.

staticfraction said...

Cool thanks. I'll definitely check it out. I may have heard it already and just don't remember, but I like these guys so I'll give another whirl.