Friday, February 13, 2015

THROAT - DISCOGRAPHY (2009 - 2013)

























So way back in the early stages of this blog, I posted a few bands without much description, effort or anything else. Some of those bands deserve more attention, so I'm going back to fix my laziness. Clean up the garage so to speak.

Throat (Turku, Finland) blew me away the first time I heard 'em. Right up my fucking alley! I posted a link to Manhole without really much else. But, I feel they need a better post.
More of a, hey you, ugly...check this band out!
If you're a fan of this blog, chances are you know 'em. But maybe you need to revisit. Maybe you didn't realize all the releases they had. Or maybe they slipped past you. Whatever the case may be, Throat are the noise rock shit!! I put them right up with heavy hitters Hammerhead, Slug, Steel Pole Bath Tub, Melvins, Unsane, Cherubs, Jesus Lizard.
And all of their stuff is free on bandcamp! Free! Except 'Manhole', which is a measly dollar!! 1...measly...dollar!
Anyway, I cleaned up another part of the garage. And I feel better. And I found my snowblower. Time for a beer.
(Kaos Kontrol/Kult of Nihilow/At War with False Noise/Made In Kansas - 2009 - 2013)

DL: THROAT. ALL OF IT

5 comments:

ihatethroat said...

Thank you, sir!

MDG3D said...

Awesome band. Can't wait for their next record.

man-shaped hole said...

Manhole is such a juicy record. Throat is probably my favourite modern noise rock band.

staticfraction said...

Don't forget to check out the new song on the Eolian Comp.
Yeah I'm stoked for a new record too!

ihatethroat said...

We have a new 12"EP called "Short Circuit" coming out on Kaos Kontrol/Reptilian Records later in the spring. Also, a split 7" is in the works and perhaps some other stuff too... Always glad to hear people like our shit.