Tuesday, April 7, 2015

CARTOGRAPHER - HATS, CAPES, DARK ARTS (2011)




















The other day, I did a big ‘ol mega-post…talkin’ up the cool Radio Is Down label. Well I purposely left Cartographer off of that list, because I wanted to give them their own post. Not taking anything away from the other great bands on that other post, I just thought these ex-Replicator dudes from Oakland, CA, deserved an individual shout out!

This album was one of my favorites from back in 2011, and it mixes all the Helmet and Shellac sounds to make a person cream his/her noise rock sweat leggings. And not sure if these guys are still kicking it around, and are planning new material or tours, but lets keep our fingers twisted, bent and crossed  that they do.

RID was only responsible for the CD version of this album, while another label did the vinyl. So find them both, and put a big goddamn smile on that ugly mug of yours. Go ahead. Trust me.
(Radio Is Down / Arbeit Macht Dinge Records - 2011)

DL: HATS CAPES DARK ARTS
BANDCAMP

No comments: