Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SPACE DRUGS - BLACK DOG TAKES THE BAIT (2015)




















Returning to the halls of staticfraction, Space Drugs (Philly, PA) are back with a new full length chalked full of goodies. I had an earlier release from 2013 here, and it was a smoker. Going back to that post I for some reason thought they were from Jersey (or space), but their page says Philly.
Whatevs. Details, schmetails

So I was excited to hear they had new material on the way. I heard a new track a few months ago, and admittedly thought it was too mellow and that they changed their sound too much for my liking. But Black Dog Takes the Bait is a great mix of angry noise blasts, raw/garage-y fuzzed out tones, indie intricacy and experimental head-melters, combining great parts and pieces from bands like Sonic Youth, Sebadoh and Young Widows. The song 'Smile Slime' is a shredder! Awesome follow up and highly recommended.
(Self-released - 2015)

DL: BLACK DOG

No comments: