Friday, January 30, 2015

DŸSE - DAS NATION (2014)




















So apparently these guys are pretty big. Not 'Weird Al' Yankovich big. But big in the loud, aggressive indie noise rock spectrum big. I'm just hearing 'em for the first time, and I'm diggin' it.
This is the new album from duo, 2-piece, what-have-you, from Germany's Dyse. They have quite a few records out actually, which I've been checking out. If you're unfamiliar, this is a great record to start with. Vocals go back and forth between English and German, and the music is tight, full and solid, like a Helmet record. Because of the 2 member thing I could compare Gay Witch Abortion or Lightning Bolt, but the record is diverse, getting math noodly at times, but mostly, they lay it down and blast through your skull and chest. Like a mix of KEN mode, Whores, or Black Tusk maybe.
And its on Cargo... What's that?... Cargo?.. Didn't realize they were still around. Well I'm getting old, and still think of Rocket From the Crypt on Cargo. So there ya go. I need to get out more.
(Cargo Records - 2014)

DL: DAS NATION

No comments: